EACH / Empirical Analysis of Competition in Health Care Markets
The junior research group EACH applies econometric techniques to the study of competition in health care. A main focus is on studying regional competition among providers and competition among payers in the German health care system.
- Bünnings, C., Kleibrink, J. and J. Weßling (2017): Fear of Unemployment and its Effect on the Mental Health of Spouses. Health Economics, 26(1), 104-117. DOI: 10.1002/hec.3279.
- Decker, S. and H. Schmitz (2016): Health Shocks and Risk Aversion. Journal of Health Economics, 50, 156–170.
- Avdic, D. (2016): Improving Efficiency or Impairing Access? Health Care Consolidation and Quality of Care: Evidence from Emergency Hospital Closures in Sweden. Journal of Health Economics, 48, 44–60.
- Avdic, D. and P. Johansson (2016): Absenteeism, Gender and The Morbidity–Mortality Paradox. Journal of Applied Econometrics, DOI: 10.1002/jae.2516.
- Avdic, D. and M. Karlsson (2016): Growth in Earnings and Health: Nothing is as Practical as a Good Theory. Review of Income and Wealth, DOI:10.1111/roiw.12243.
- Büyükdurmus, T., Kopetsch, T., Schmitz, H. and H.Tauchmann (2016): On the Interdependence of Ambulatory and Hospital Care in the German Health System. Health Economics Review.
- Avdic, D. and Büyükdurmus, T. (2015): Communication problems? The role of Parent-Child Communication for the Subsequent Health Behavior of Adolescents. Ruhr Economic Papers #547.
- Avdic, D. and Bünnings, C. (2015): Does the Burglar Also Disturb the Neighbor? Crime Spillovers on Individual Well-being. SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research #737-2015.
- Avdic, D. (2015): A Matter of Life and Death? Hospital Distance and Quality of Care: Evidence from Emergency Room Closures and Myocardial Infarctions. CINCH Working Paper 2015/01
- Kleibrink, J. (2014): Sick of your Job? Negative Health Effects from Non-Optimal Employment. Ruhr Economic Papers #514.
- Bünnings, C. and H. Tauchmann (2014): Who Opts Out of the Statutory Health Insurance? A Discrete Time Hazard Model for Germany. Health Economics.
- Felder, S. and H. Tauchmann (2013)? Federal State Differentials in the Efficiency of Health Production? An Artifact of Spatial Dependence?, European Journal of Health Economics 14(1), 21-39.
- Bünnings, C. (2013): Does New Health Information Affect Health Behavior? The Effect of Health Events on Smoking Cessation. Ruhr Economic Papers #459
- Kvasnicka, M. and H. Tauchmann (2012)? Much Ado About Nothing? Smoking Bans and Germany’s Hospitality Industry, Applied Economics 44 (35)?4539-4551.
- Schmitz H. & H. Tauchmann (2012): Factor Substitution in Hospitals: A DEA based Approach, SFB 823 Discussion Paper 2012/41.
- Felder, S. and H. Tauchmann (2011)? Federal State Differentials in the Efficiency of Health Production? An Artifact of Spatial Dependence?, European Journal of Health Economics.
- Augurzky, B and H. Tauchmann (2011)? Less Social Health Insurance, more Private Supplementary Insurance? Empirical Evidence from Germany, Journal of Policy Modeling 33(3), 470-480.