EACH / Empirical Analysis of Competition in Health Care Markets
The junior research group EACH applies econometric techniques to the study of competition in health care. A main focus is on studying regional competition among providers and competition among payers in the German health care system.
- Ride J., Kasteridis P., Gutacker N., Kronenberg C., Doran T., Mason A., Rice N., Gravelle H., Goddard M., Kendrick T., Siddiqi N., Gilbody S., RJ Dare C., Aylott L., Williams R. and R. Jacobs: Do care plans and annual reviews of physical health influence unplanned hospital utilisation for people with serious mental illness? Analysis of linked longitudinal primary and secondary healthcare records in England. BMJ Open (2018).
- Jacobs, R., Aylott, L., Doran, T., Gilbody, S., Goddard, M., Gravelle, H., Gutacker, N., Kasteridis, P., Kendrick, T., Ride, J., Kronenberg, C. and A. Mason: Association between incentivised primary care and hospital utilisation for people with serious mental illness: Analysis of linked longitudinal primary and secondary care records. BMJ Open (2018).
- Avdic, D., Lundborg, P. and J. Vikström: Mergers and Birth Outcomes: Evidence from Maternity Ward Closures. Journal of Public Economics (2018).
- Avdic, D., Lundborg, P. and J. Vikström: Estimating Returns to Hospital Volume: Evidence from Advanced Cancer Surgery. Journal of Health Economics (2018, R&R).
- Avdic, D. and A. Karimi: Modern Family? Paternity Leave and Marital Stability. American Economic Journal: Applied Economics (2018).
- Reichert A.R. and H. Tauchmann: Workforce reduction, subjective job insecurity, and mental health. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization (2017).
- Avdic, D. and M. Karlsson: Growth in Earnings and Health: Nothing is as Practical as a Good Theory. Review of Income and Wealth (2017).
- Bünnings, C., Kleibrink, J. and J. Weßling: Fear of Unemployment and its Effect on the Mental Health of Spouses. Health Economics (2017).
- Büyükdurmus, T., Kopetsch, T., Schmitz, H. and H. Tauchmann: On the Interdependence of Ambulatory and Hospital Care in the German Health System. Health Economics Review (2017).
- Kronenberg, C., Jacobs, R., and E. Zucchelli: The impact of the UK National Minimum Wage on mental health. SSM Population Health (2017).
- Kronenberg, C., Doran, T., Goddard, M., Kendrick, T., Gilbody, S., Dare, C., Aylott, L. and R. Jacobs: Identifying primary care quality indicators for people with serious mental illness: a systematic review. British Journal of General Practice (2017).
- D. Avdic: Improving Efficiency or Impairing Access? Health Care Consolidation and Quality of Care: Evidence from Emergency Hospital Closures in Sweden. Journal of Health Economics (2016).
- Avdic, D. and P. Johansson: Absenteeism, Gender and The Morbidity–Mortality Paradox. Journal of Applied Econometrics (2016).
- Decker, S. and H. Schmitz: Health Shocks and Risk Aversion. Journal of Health Economics (2016).
- Avdic, D. and M. Gartell: Working While Studying? Student Aid Design and Socioeconomic Achievement Disparities in Higher Education. Labour Economics (2015).
- Bünnings, C. and H. Tauchmann: Who Opts Out of the Statutory Health Insurance? A Discrete Time Hazard Model for Germany. Health Economics (2015).
- Kronenberg, C. and P. Barros: Catastrophic healthcare expenditure – Drivers and protection: The Portuguese case. Health Policy (2014).
- Felder, S. and H. Tauchmann: Federal State Differentials in the Efficiency of Health Production? An Artifact of Spatial Dependence? European Journal of Health Economics (2013).
- Kvasnicka, M. and H. Tauchmann: Much Ado About Nothing? Smoking Bans and Germany’s Hospitality Industry. Applied Economics (2012).
- Augurzky, B. and H. Tauchmann (2011): Less Social Health Insurance, more Private Supplementary Insurance? Empirical Evidence from Germany. Journal of Policy Modeling (2011).