CLTC / Competition in Long-Term Care
The project CLTC considers the German market for inpatient long-term care. This segment of the German health care system has received little attention from health economics researchers so far, despite the importance it is imparted by an ageing population. Research here focuses on issues of price elasticity of the demand for inpatient long-term care and on the effect of different ownership structures for the price of long-term care.
- Lange, M. R. J. and A. Saric (2016), Substitution between fixed, mobile and voice over IP telephony - Evidence from the European Union. Telecommunications Policy, 40(10-11)), 1007-1019.
- Herr, A. and H. Hottenrott (2016), Higher prices, higher quality? Evidence from German nursing homes. Health Policy, 120(2), 179-89. DOI: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.01.008.
- Herr, A., Nguyen T. and H. Schmitz (2016), Public Reporting and the Quality of Care of German Nursing Homes. Health Policy, 120(10), 1162-1170.
- Herr, A. & H.-T. Normann (2016), Organ donation in the lab: Preferences and votes on the priority rule, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 161, Part B: 139-149, DOI: 10.1016/j.jebo.2015.09.001 (DICE Discussion Paper No. 175, 2015).
- Groß, M., Herr, A., Hower, M., Kuhlmann, A., Mahlich, J., Stoll, M. (2016), Unemployment, health, and education of HIV-infected males in Germany, International Journal of Public Health 61: 593-602, DOI: 10.1007/s00038-015-0750-3 (open access).
- Herr, A., Nguyen, T.-V. & Schmitz, H. (2015), Does Quality Disclosure Improve Quality? Responses to the Introduction of Nursing Home Report Cards in German, DICE Discussion Paper No. 176, submitted.
- Duso, T., Herr, A. & Suppliet, M. (2014), The welfare impact of parallel imports: A structural approach applied to the German market for oral anti-diabetics, Health Economics 23 (9): 1036–1057, DOI: 10.1002/hec.3068.
- Felder, S. & Herr, A. (2013), Competent in Competition and Health: Das gesundheitsökonomische Forschungszentrum CINCH, Public Health Forum, 21 (4): 25.e1–25.e3.