Jun.-Prof. Dr. Katharina Blankart (née Fischer), MBR
Katharina Blankart (née Fischer) is an assistant professor in empirical health economics at the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics of University of Duisburg-Essen. Blankart‘s research focuses on market access of health technologies, innovation and the effects of regulated health care markets on agent behaviour. She is particularly interested in studying pharmaceutical markets. Her projects use econometric methods that are informed by administrative data, document analyses and surveys. She is the recipient of the 2013 research award of the Society for Health Policy and Law to study health care systems.
Katharina Blankart received her degrees in economics and business research from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU). She holds a PhD in business administration with a focus on health economics from LMU. She was head of the junior research group on pharmacoeconomics at Hamburg Center for Health Economics (HCHE), University of Hamburg between 2012 and 2016. In 2015/2016, she collaborated with Columbia Business School, New York, USA as visiting researcher.
Journal Articles (selected)
Guhl D, Stargardt T, Blankart KE. Service quality and perceived customer value in community pharmacies. Health Services Management Research. Accepted.
- Fischer, K. E. [*] , Koch, T., Kostev, K. and T. Stargardt, 2017. The impact of physician-level drug budgets on prescribing behavior. Eur J Health Econ, Feb 13, 1–10.
- Fischer, K.E. [*] , Heisser, T. and T. Stargardt, 2016. Health benefit assessment of pharmaceuticals: An international comparison of decisions from Germany, England, Scotland and Australia. Health Policy, 120(10), 1115-1122. DOI: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.08.001.
- Hostenkamp, G., Fischer, K.E. [*] and K. Borch-Johnsen, 2016. Drug safety and the impact of drug warnings: an interrupted time series analysis of diabetes drug prescriptions in Germany and Denmark. Health Policy, 120(12), 1404-1411. DOI: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.09.020.
- Fischer K.E. [*] , Stollenwerk B, Rogowski WH. Link between Process and Appraisal in Coverage Decisions An Analysis with Structural Equation Modeling. Med Decis Making. 2013 Nov 1;33(8):1009–25.
Selected work in progress
- Stakeholder Participation in Regulatory Decision-Making (with Victoria Lauenroth and Tom Stargardt)
- The effect of pharmaceutical innovation on medication adherence (with Frank Lichtenberg)
- The impact of innovation on adherence in disease-modifying therapy of multiple sclerosis in Germany (with Simon Frey and Frank Lichtenberg)
- Service quality and perceived customer value in community pharmacies (with Dennis Guhl and Tom Stargardt)
+49 (0)201 183-4403