Prof. Dr. Jeannette Brosig-Koch
Jeannette Brosig-Koch obtained her doctoral degree in economics in 2003 and her habilitation in 2008, both from the University of Magdeburg. During this period she spent eight months as a research fellow at Pennsylvania State University (2004) and served as managing director of the Magdeburg Laboratory for Experimental Economics (2005-2008). From 2006 to 2008 she was interim professor at the University of Cologne. Since April 2008, Jeannette Brosig-Koch has held a full professorship for quantitative economic policy at the University of Duisburg-Essen. She is the founder and director of the Essen Laboratory for Experimental Economics (elfe).
- Brosig-Koch, J., Kairies-Schwarz, N. and J. Kokot. (2017): Sorting into payment schemes and medical treatment: A laboratory experiment. Forthcoming in: Health Economics
- Brosig-Koch, J., Riechmann, T., Weimann, J. (2017): The dynamics of behavior in modified dictator games. PLOS ONE 12(4), e0176199.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Hennig-Schmidt, H., Kairies-Schwarz, N., Wiesen, D. (2017): The effects of introducing mixed payment systems for physicians: Experimental evidence. Health Economics 26 (2), 243-262.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Hehenkamp, B., Kokot, J. (2016): An experimental study of competition between physicians. Health Economics.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Güth, W., Weiland, T. (2016): Comparing the effectiveness of collusion devices in first-price procurement: an auction experiment. Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review 13(2), 269-295.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Hennig-Schmidt, H., Kairies-Schwarz, N. and D. Wiesen, (2016). Using artefactual field and lab experiments to investigate the effect of fee-for-service and capitation on medical service provision. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 131(B), 17-23.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Heinrich, T. and C. Helbach, (2015). Exploring the capability to reason backwards: An experimental study with children, adolescents, and young adults. European Economic Review, 74, 286-302.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Hennig-Schmidt, H., Kairies-Schwarz, N. and D. Wiesen, (2015). The Effects of Introducing Mixed Payment Systems for Physicians: Experimental Evidence. Health Economics. doi:10.1002/hec.3292
- Brosig-Koch, J. and T. Heinrich, (2014). Reputation and mechanism choice in procurement auctions: An experiment. Production and Operations Management, 23(2), 210-220.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Heinrich, T. and C. Helbach, (2014). Does truth win when teams reason strategically? Economics Letters, 123(1), 86-89.
- Bolton, G.E. and J. Brosig-Koch, (2012). How do coalitions get built? Evidence from an extensive form coalition game with and without communication. International Journal of Game Theory, (41), 623-649.
- Brosig-Koch, J., Helbach, C., Ockenfels, A., Weimann, J. (2011): Still different after all these years: Solidarity behavior in East and West Germany. Journal of Public Economics 95, 1373-1376.
- Brosig, J., Heinrich, T., Riechmann, T., Schöb, R., Weimann, J. (2010): Laying off or not? The influence of framing and economics education. International Review of Economics Education 9, 44-55.
- Brosig, J., Lukas, C., Riechmann, T. (2010): The monotonicity puzzle - an experimental investigation of incentive structures. Business Research 3, 8-35.
- Park, S., Bolton, G. E., Rothrock, L., Brosig, J. (2010): Towards an interdisciplinary perspective of training intervention for negotiations. Decision Support Systems 49, 213-221.
- Brosig, J., Reiß, J. P. (2007): Entry decisions and bidding behavior in sequential first-price procurement auctions: an experimental study. Games and Economic Behavior 58, 50-74.
- Brosig, J. (2006): Communication channels and induced behavior. Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft, Special Issue 05/06, 99-120.
- Brosig, J., Weimann, J., Yang, C.-L. (2004): Communication, reputation, and punishment in simple sequential bargaining experiments. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics 160, 576-606.
- Brosig, J., Weimann, J., Yang, C.-L. (2003): The hot versus cold effect in a simple bargaining experiment. Experimental Economics 6, 75-90.
- Brosig, J., Ockenfels, A., Weimann, J. (2003): The effect of communication media on cooperation. German Economic Review 4, 217-241.
- Brosig, J. (2002): Identifying cooperative behavior: some experimental results in a prisoner’s dilemma game. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 47, 275-290. Re-published in: Sadrieh, A., J. Weimann (Eds.): Experimental Economics in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Metropolis, 2008.
- Brosig, J. (1999): Signaling and identifying the willingness to cooperate: some experimental results; in: Inderfurth, K., G. Schwödiauer, W. Domschke, F. Juhnke, P. Kleinschmidt, G. Wäscher (Eds.): Operations Research Proceedings 1999. Springer Verlag.