Senior CINCH Fellowship
The senior fellowships are aimed at experienced international researchers who are interested in a stay as visiting researcher and guest lecturer in health economics or related fields. The fellowships are open to tenured academics working at the level of associate professor or higher, who wish to come to Essen for at least one semester during the 2024-25 period. Remuneration is based on the German pay scale for professors (W-Besoldung), with exact pay grade depending on the candidate’s seniority. In addition, funds for travel expenses and 3,000 € per semester to be disposed freely towards project expenses are provided. Applicants will need to be eligible for a sabbatical at their main institution since full-time presence in Essen is expected.
Guest professors are encouraged to contribute towards teaching (e.g. seminar or guest lectures) and research projects and to engage with other researchers in order to strengthen quality and promote scientific internationalization on both sides. Teaching opportunities will be adapted to the fellow’s own experience and interests – and can be delivered within the Faculty’s master’s programmes in economics and health economics, or within the newly started doctoral research training group (RTG), funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
The University of Duisburg-Essen values a good working environment for its employed researchers and international guests through initiatives to reconcile work and family life, gender equality or a Welcome Service for international researchers. During the stay CINCH will also offer support in all organizational matters (e.g. housing, transport, childcare etc).
Benefits to Applicants:
- Contribution in research projects and teaching opportunities according to fellow’s experience and interests
- Remuneration based on the German pay scale for professors (W-Besoldung), with exact pay grade depending on the candidate’s seniority
- Access to travelling funds
- Pleasant working environment at the University of Duisburg-Essen ensured by for example initiatives to reconcile work and family life, gender equality or a Welcome Service for international researchers
- Support by CINCH in all organizational matters
- Full-time faculty members
- Visits will last a whole semester
- Outline of academic plans during the fellowship
- Preferred semesters between spring 2024 – autumn 2025