Prof. Dr. Kristina Strohmaier is a Professor of Public Economics and joined the University of Duisburg-Essen in April 2022. She received her PhD supervised by Prof. Nadine Riedel in 2017 from the Ruhr-University Bochum. From 2017 to 2022, she was a junior professor for Public Economics at the University of Tübingen. During that time, she was a visiting researcher at the Columbia University in New York and the European University Institute in Florence. Furthermore, she is a research fellow at the ZEW and the Research School of International Taxation (RSIT).
Kristina Strohmaier is an applied microeconomist with a strong focus on questions related to public economics, in particular in the areas of (international) taxation, health and education. Her work has been published in various international journals such as Journal of Human Resources, International Tax and Public Finance, Economics Letter, and British Journal of Industrial Relations.
- Bosch, Nicole; Dekker, Vincent; Strohmaier, Kristina: A data-driven procedure to determine the bunching window: an application to the Netherlands. In: International Tax and Public Finance, Vol 27 (2020), p. 951-979. CitationDetails
- Pfeifer, Gregor; Reutter, Mirjam; Strohmaier, Kristina: Goodbye Smokers’ Corner Health Effects of School Smoking Bans. In: Journal of Human Resources, Vol 55 (2020), p. 1068-1104. CitationDetails
- Lediga, Collen; Riedel, Nadine; Strohmaier, Kristina: The elasticity of corporate taxable income—Evidence from South Africa. In: Economics Letters, Vol 175 (2019), p. 43-46. CitationDetails
- Rostam-Afschar, Davud; Strohmaier, Kristina: Does regulation trade off quality against inequality? The case of German architects and construction engineers. In: British Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol 57 (2019), p. 870-893. CitationDetails
- Kaiser, Micha; Reutter, Mirjam; Sousa-Poza, Alfonso; Strohmaier, Kristina: Smoking and local unemployment: evidence from Germany. In: Economics \& Human Biology, Vol 29 (2018), p. 138-147. CitationDetails
- Knoll, Bodo; Riedel, Nadine; Shamsfakhr, Farzaneh; Strohmaier, Kristina: Corporate tax evasion and avoidance in developing countries. In: The Routledge Companion to Tax Avoidance Research. Routledge, 2017, p. 225-241. CitationDetails